Saturday, May 29, 2010

Zombies, and Hitler, and Biker Gangs OH MY!

Last night, was probably one of the top rated nights of my life. Why you ask? Because last night proved that strange occurrences are ALWAYS going to happen when I'm around. Ask Annie. And yesterday as a whole proved to be even more exciting than anything that happened on my trip to Miami.

Here is a run down of my day.

Woke up a 2 Am b/c my throat has been sore for the past 2 days and I'm on medicine that wont allow me to rest for more than 2 hours a day. And let me just say...a lot of weird stuff is on in the early hours of the morning. Like what you ask? Let me inform you:
1.)Shop Erotica.com sells vibrators and shower toys for men and women WITH DEMOS! on their infomercials
2.) Bend it Like Beckam is on and when you are THAT TIRED...you actually think it's interesting
3.) 5 am Yoga...i like this and will continue this routine
4.) After 5 am yoga...you clean your room, find the shirt you were going to wear a month ago underneath the bed, clean your bathroom, and closet, make coffee, and chicken broth for your sore throat that just wont go away, then...you go in your room...and wait for it to be time to pick up the rental car since your little baby is in the shop.

By this time it is breakfast time...a meal i unhealthily skip. Instead I simply pour myself a big glass of acai berry juice and some coffee. I know...I'm a nurse, I should really do better.

1145 I go to pick up my rental car so I can go see Mrs. Annie later that night. Little do I know that small town where I live, which NEVER has bad traffic....had bad traffic. One of the 2, maybe 3, main roads was blocked off b/c someone had a fender bender...the other one that I could take is going the wrong way from my destination and the other, was washed out by the flood...thanks flood.
10 minutes later and I have gone 1.4 miles. I'm supposed to pick up my car at 12, it is not 1155. I finally make it past the traffic and weave through the rest of the slow cars on the road, all the while thankin God for quick reflexes and a small car to drive.

I made it right as they were about to sell give my car to a diff owner. Thank God I have good luck...sometimes. Pay for my new happy car that is speedy and brand spankin new! Pull up into the garage. Close garage door. Am in the kitchen talking to Nicki about the new car and the plans for the night and all of a sudden the house shook and simultaneously a loud "BLAM!" was heard.
My first thoughts...(and this shows how stupid I am when I feel my life in danger):
1.) Was that an earthquake or
2.) OMG it wasnt it was to short! IT'S ARMAGEDDON!....and yes..i told nicki this to which she said, "glad jake's a marine and not you." to which we both laughed.
So we look around to try and find the cause of this, i went to the garage and it looked like that garage door behind the BRAND NEW RENTAL CAR had fallen off it's hinges and onto the ground...i run out like a screaming fool to assess this car and see if i was about to own it. THANK GOD only a little scratch...but as i'm starting to come back to the real world i begin to hear screaming children, terrified of something..but what? i look out the opening that is now b/w the garage door and the wall and see...to my very big suprise...a car...and hear a meak voice of someone say "ummm....ma'am....I think my car just hit your house."

Fact: and those who know me best will applaude me for this one. I came so close to saying "NO!!! did you really? I thought you just had an incredible hulk moment and felt the need to smash something so you took the rage out on my garage door." But I just said "Looks that way dont it?"

So I come out to the front of the house and am in Horror! at what i find.
A white 4 door car is smashed into the garage door on the side where I park, 3 children are around it wailing, an 8 year old, is seated in the drivers seat, stunned, a 5 year old little girl has a scrape on her foot and is screamin bloody murder, and a 3 year old who's on the ground playing with the bricks that used to line the support beam in the center of our 2 car garage, and the mother of these children lookin on in horror and saying "oh my god" repetitively.

Of course the nurse in me takes over and I make sure all the kids are ok. Go and get a bandaid for the little girl who's got the cut. And when I got up, I saw Nicki walking out. She looks at the mom and goes..."umm..what happened?"

The woman goes..."I'm not really sure. I went inside to get something and I left the kids in the car and next thing i know they are rollin down the hill in my car. The 3 year old jumped out while it was moving, as did the 5 year old, and the 8 year old stayed in the car."

Nicki then asked what any smart woman would, "well, you do have insurance right?"
And of course her answer was, "It just ran out yesterday." And Nicki nearly flipped her lid. I went inside to call my father in law to come down and control his mother. Then the police, then a garage door man to come save the rental car that i really didnt want to own.

The police get to the house and they poor guy had never seen this before and said it'd take a while to get the report written up. The garage door man came, a fat man w/ a pot belly who obviously had never heard of deodorant. Thankfully he got my car and Nicki's out of the garage. And our garage is gonna cost a cool 6 or 7 grand to fix....great.

So, I get ready for the rest of my night as planned b/c Annie and I were goin swing dancing! Well, I got to Memphis and Annie took me to this little restaurant on Main Street. As we are driving down main st to get a parking spot we see these 2 girls dressed like...well...hot messes in all honesty. One was dressed up like the wicked witch of the west, green face and all, and one was dressed in a white micro mini dress, white hose, white shoes that were too big and her face was covered with bandages..our response to this?

"Wow, emo kids are getting way to into being different these days." Shaking our heads in disapproval, I think we both said a little prayer that God would magically change their wardrobe lol.

We parked and went to the little diner place and we were eating nachos in the diner when we started seeing a lot more strange people dressed up and made up like...well...dead ppl. We both comment on how strange this was...and me, not being from memphis, thought maybe this was just the radical city emo teenage kids of today..roaming the streets and protesting conformity, but even Annie, a native Memphonian, was just as perplexed as I was by this grotesque sight.

Suddenly, the occasional dead looking person became a parade. Main street was filled with the walkin dead! What the heck is going on! We both went outside. Annie, who is smarter than I, had a camera and snapped some shots of the gruesome sight. And when we got back in the restaurant we asked the waiter what the heck that was all about.

Apparently, every last Friday in May, people dress up like Zombies and parade about downtown. It is called, go figure, Zombie day. And this man had heard of it, but never in 30 years since he'd been living in Memphis had he ever seen it. Annie looked at me and goes, "this would happen the day you come to Memphis." All i could do was shrug my shoulders and say, "I tried to tell ya. Strange things follow me." Now, she believes me lol.

The parade came and went...i couldnt eat anymore food after seeing that disgusting sight. Annie couldnt either. So to the Ramba Room we went and it was a blast! I must take the time to add here, that there was a little man who resembled Hitler who kept pestering Annie and I throughout the night. But it's ok. We avoided him like the plague. I'm teaching her my creeper avoiding ways lol.

After the Ramba Room, we drove around downtown Memphis blasting rap music, dancing like fools, and yelling "OW OW!!!" at the gang of Black Bikers riding into downtown. All in all, it was an eventful night, filled with strange occurrences that I am accustomed to. I cant wait to do it again!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! hahaha... once again, we sound so cool!! I had a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your life...though I dont know if I would have the patience to actually live it haha. <3

    ReplyDelete